Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's ideas!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! I have been busy crafting, cooking, and baking all day long, and thought I would take a minute to share a couple Valentine's Day ideas:

Strawberry Heart Kebabs - 
What you need: Bamboo Skewers, strawberries, and grapes

I began by removing the top of the strawberry by cutting a triangular shape to remove the stem. I rounded off the edges and insured there was a point at the bottom of the strawberry. After turning each strawberry into a heart I began placing them on to the skewer. I alternated between strawberries and grapes until I completed the entire length of the kebab.

This was a very simple and fun way to bring hearts into our Valentine's Day lunch.


"I love you" sound wave-
What you need: 4 x 6 picture frame (or size of your choice), printer paper (I decided to use shiny scrapbook paper), your iPhone, computer with windows, and printer.

This is a very cute and simple project that I completed in about 20 minutes. I began by using the voice memo app on my iPhone I recorded a wave of me saying "I love you". I then took a screenshot of the wave and sent it to my computer from there I cleaned up the image removing blurry edges in paint. I then inverted the colors in my image editor. I printed the picture on a pearlized scrap paper and placed it in a 4 x 6 frame. 

This is a way for my husband to publicly display a secret message just between the two of us.


Remember, today is the day all about  so send it out into the world :) Happy Valentine's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment