Friday, February 20, 2015

Cinnamon Whiskey Icing Tutorial

My Hubby is a Fireball lover...So naturally for his 30th birthday I whipped up some fireball cupcakes. They were so simple to make. Take your favorite butter-cream icing recipe (even canned icing is OK!) place the icing in a mixing bowl and add 1 oz of the whiskey to the icing. Then thicken the icing with powdered sugar (approx. 1/2 cup). Repeat this until you have reached your desired whiskey flavor. I used 3 oz and 1.5 Cup of powdered sugar.

The only difference I noticed with this icing is it spread a bit faster than normal so reaching a taller swirl on the cupcake was not possible. Once I placed the icing in the refrigerator it did firm up and make it easier to work with. I topped the cupcake with a Hot Tamale as I could not find Atomic Fireballs anywhere!

Happy Baking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment