Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Easter Egg Hunt - think outside the wrapper!

Every Easter I undertake the task of hosting an Easter egg hunt for seven youngsters in our yard. Over the years the egg hunt has evolved and it is now in full swing of reaching 300 plastic filled eggs and four dozen confetti filled eggs. After buying two large bags of chocolates I found I still had half of my eggs to fill. I began thinking outside of the wrapper. My eggs this year are filled with several non-edible selections.

I wanted to share these options with you in case you were looking for a candy alternative.

1. Plastic figurines – Army Men, My little pony figures, and farm animals... etc.
2. Erasers – I picked up several varieties of erasers ranging from superheroes to butterflies.
3. Mini bubbles – these bubbles are small enough to fit into an egg and can be purchased in any party supply aisle.
4. Jewelry – I picked up items ranging in spider rings to dress up rhinestones.
5. Stickers – My kids go crazy for stickers and they love to put them on every piece of artwork they do.
6. Tattoos – I cut out individual tattoos from tattoo books and let the kids design their own artwork.
7. Sticky throwers – these are the small sticky figures you would throw onto a window and watch them crawl down the pain of glass. My kids always get a major kick out of these!
8. Mini decks of cards – I pick some of these up at the dollar store
9. Nail polish – My girls go crazy for nail polish and we found Disney polishes at Walmart for $.50!
10. Glow sticks – this year we are going to hold a secondary egg hunt in the evening where we will be locating glowing eggs filled with activated glow sticks. I think this will be a fun a new tradition that we can carry-on for years to come!

I hope you find this list helpful and I hope you and your family enjoy the Easter holiday!




No comments:

Post a Comment