Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Coffee Addiction

Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I am an Addict….a coffee addict. OK, so all jesting aside, how do I know when I need to stop. I LOVE coffee, but it has not always been this way. It wasn't until I went back to work after my first child that I found a new appreciation for coffee...go figure! I have to say I like my coffee full flavored and always with a taste of Chocolate. I began by making hot chocolate and pouring in a touch of coffee. Then little by little I was only adding a touch of cocoa. I found myself racing to the break room to be the first one to make coffee…I use to pour out the first pot if someone beat me to it. I had a special blend I hid in the back shelf, thinking back, as a new mother it was the most exhilarating part of my day. Now, being at home most of my days I find my obsession has taken a turn. My counter is cluttered with all things coffee. I have 2 Aerolattes, 2 coffee machines, 1 espresso machine and boxes of capsules and k-cups.

My  new prized possession is my Nespresso Machine. The elite feeling it provides me renews that exhilarating sensation.  Each Morning I concoct the perfect blend of chocolaty smooth caffeine that will jolt me into my day…at least until 3:30 when I need a cup of coffee again. I usually reserve this time of day for an iced drink typically brewed by my Keurig or straight from the carton of International delight. For a while I considered buying stock in International Delight as I was surely spiking revenues with my multi-carton purchases every time I walked in a grocery store. At one point I was bringing iced coolers with me in the car so I could purchase more ID while picking up my kids from school, it was all becoming too complex. I am glad to say my Nespresso has helped me cut down my coffee purchases outside of the home and at a mere $.70 per cup I am very satisfied with this option.

So, yes, I am an addict such that my life does revolve around when am I going to get my next cup of coffee but I can stop at any time…I CAN


How do you take your coffee?


No comments:

Post a Comment